Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Billy Ray Cyrus Says That 'Hannah Montana' Ruined Miley's Life


Miley Cyrus's famous father recently spoke about his daughter's current situation in the world in a GQ interview due on the newsstands in March. Billy Ray said he was scared for his 18 year-old daughter after a series of scandals, mainly the infamous video last year which showed Miley getting high on the psychedelic herb salvia.

But most shockingly, he said he wished that Hannah Montana had never happened.

"The d--- show destroyed my family," Cyrus told GQ. "I'd take it back in a second. For my family to be here and just everybody be okay, safe and sound and happy and normal would have been fantastic. Heck, yeah. I'd erase it all in a second if I could."

Billy Ray played Miley's father to his on-screen and off-screen daughter on 'Hannah', the series of which that launched Miley Cyrus as a teen idol, hit movie star, and worldwide platinum recording artist.

Last October, the "Achy Breaky Heart" singer filed for divorce from his wife Tish after a 17-year marriage.

Billy Ray compared Miley's current situation to celebrities like Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson, who all died in awful drug circumstances.

"I'm scared for her," Cyrus said of Miley. "She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger. I know she's 18 but I still feel like, as her daddy, I'd like to try to help. Take care of her just a little bit, to at least get her out of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm. Stop the insanity for a minute. When you go through what she's been through, it takes a beating on you, I should have said, 'Enough is enough -- it's getting dangerous and somebody's going to get hurt'. I should have but I didn't. Honestly I didn't know the ball was out of bounds until it was way up in the stands somewhere," he said.
What do you think? Did Hannah Montana change Miley's life for the worse? We don't think so, but be sure to sound off in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samuel it's Matt! You can totally start posting on Teen Entertainment. Just post anything you want that is appropriate for the blog! Just make sure me or Tommy didn't post it first. The only thing is, don't post as much gossip. Maybe a little is fine but at TE we really try not to get into personal things about celebritys. For example we didn't have any news on Demi Lovato in rehab because we felt it was her business. Other then that, you can post away on Teen Entertainment! By the way, thank you so much for agreeing to help us out! We will make the banner a little smaller but not too small. If you have an idea then you can just post it! Last year each co-host made a banner and then we let our viewers vote on which is their favorite. So anyway, you are now free to post! If you have any questions you can post them in our ShoutBox.

    ReplyDelete